Cover design and layout for the book Irish Collar and Elbow Wrestling by Ruadhán MacFadden, published by Fallen Rook Publishing (2021). Crossed leg motif based on a previous design by Cristiana Theodoli.
Contributions to Project Development
- Illustration, design and layout of front cover, back cover, and spine
- Creation of seamless cloth texture for the background
- Formatting files to meet the printer's specifications
You can purchase Irish Collar and Elbow Wrestling from the following stores online:
- Fallen Rook Publishing (UK)
- Purple Heart Armoury (USA)
About Irish Collar and Elbow Wrestling
Description from Fallen Rook Publishing: This book explores the history of Collar and Elbow, its staggering popularity, its strategies and techniques, how it fit into wider sporting and combative contexts, and examines the causes behind the style’s precipitous disappearance. Given the modern resurgence of interest in grappling sports such as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, might it now be possible to spark a revival of the tradition that was once known worldwide as “the Irish method” of wrestling?